Blah blah blah St. Patrick’s Day blah blah blah who cares blah blah blah here’s some much better things to do this weekend that do not involve saints, the color green, but some do involve drinking (but not at 6AM).
Friday, March 16
• Sub Pop’s Los Angeles SXSW Showcase is happening tonight! If you are in town but want to be in Austin, check it out!!
• A funny take on that gay reality show “The A-List” is coming to Akbar at 9PM, coming from comedians Bryan Safi, Drew Droege, Matt McConkey, Sam Pancake, and Tymberlee Hill.
• Lisa Lesniak’s portraits of the Beverly Hills homeless population will be going up today.
• Ragged Kingdom opens up at Subliminal Projects this evening. If you are one of the first 25 purchasers of a print at the exhibit, you’ll win…
Saturday, March 17
• …tickets to see Glen Matlock at the Echoplex!
• A+R in Venice is letting you use the new Marc Newson designed Pentax K-01 from 12PM to 6PM!
• REDCAT’s annual Gala is tonight. So, if you want to get fancy and see Joey Arias perform, this is for you.
• The Los Angeles screening of Linotype, a documentary on history of the printing technique, is happening.
• California Girls at Katherine Cone Gallery opens and is a much better alternative to St. Patrick’s Day patrying.
• Esotouric is having their March crime tour!
• The Devastator and Film Drunk’s Hour of Power Hour of comedy!
Selected Ongoing Items
• Vintage Enoteca is having a weekend long beer and grilled cheese tasting event!
• Os Gemeos’ Miss You at Prism closes next Saturday: see it while you can!!
• The wonderful Art As An Appetizer at Playa and Rivera is going on until the month ends!!
• Fashion week stuff is happening!
• Lost & Found Project is open, which showcases found photos from last year’s earthquake in Japan.
• Go see a Pacific Standard Time show…because it’s almost over!!!
• Palihotel is having specials for their Dry Bar, as it’s opening Monday.