Not going to Coachella this weekend? Great news: there’s T O N S going on this weekend. You have your choice of seeing a play tonight or getting some coffee and cookies Saturday morning or even riding your bike on carless streets on Sunday. Check The Recap, folks! (And, also, notice we’re now going to be highlighting things coming up in the new week.)
Saturday, April 14
• Twenty opens at New Image, celebrating skateboarding and photography.
• Buff Monster’s Corey Helford show opens!
• Stop by St&ndard Goods from 10AM to 12PM for coffee and cookies!
• Mono-ha at Blum & Poe closes today!!
• Kenny Scharf’s new show at Honor Fraser opens today!
• Think James Franco is a dreamboat? Catch him at MOCA today for a book signing!
• The MAK Center will be exploring the links between the Schindler house and Japan in Flowers For Pauline.
• Aquarium Drunkard presents Damien Jurado at Bootleg!
• Strong Choices is happening again!
Coming Up This Week
• Monday, Napa Valley Grille and Stag’s Leap are having a five course dinner!
• Thierry de Duve’s MAK Center Monday talks are still going!
• Tuesday, The Standard on Sunset is welcoming the Month of Photography LA!
• Wednesday, YACHT is playing at The Standard Downtown!
• Starting Thursday, Mike D takes over LA with THE AVANT/GARDE DIARIES.
Selected Ongoing Items
• Arclight theatres are having special movie screenings to celebrate their tenth year open!
• Steven Harrington + The Ace + Generic Surplus = OPEN NOW!!
• Help Kenny G make a documentary!
• Find pianos all over the city!
• At Coachella? EAT THIS FOOD.
• Help The Last Bookstore expand!
• Carter and Citizens’ The Paranoia Of Time is still going.
• Stop in to see George Condo at Prism.
• Elizabeth Peyton’s rad show is up at Regen Projects!!
• Aprhodite And The Gods Of Love is up at The Getty Villa: go over the weekend!
• Get your tickets to the Grilled Cheese Invitational…or you won’t be able to get in!!