Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo: who cares?? We won’t be celebrating it. Actually, there’s only one item on this list pertaining to that “holiday.” Why? Because there’s so much more rader shit to see and do in Los Angeles besides drink margaritas (which we can do any day!!!). Thus, see what else you could be doing this weekend with THE RECAP!!
Saturday, May 5
• U Don’t Know Jack at Katherine Cone opens!
• The My Little Pony Project opens, too!!
• Knot an idea of what to do today? Go learn about knots in the desert with High Desert Test Sites!
• LAST DAY OF ROY CHOI FOOD AT TRANSMISSION: L.A.!!!!
• Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at El Carmen!!
• LA Bloom ends!!
• A few shows are closing at George Billis!
• Bring Your Own Beamer at MOCA!!
• The Los Angeles Music Video Festival continues today!!
Sunday, May 6
• Last day of Marfa Amigos at Heath.
• Watch some cool piano playing at Hollywood Piano.
• TRANSMISSION: L.A. CLOSES!!!!
• Daniel Aksten comes to CB1!!
• The musical/art event Everything Under The Sunday starts today and happens every Sunday this summer.
Selected Ongoing Items
• Check out these secret green spaces this weekend!
• Buy some Mother’s Day gifts for your mom from Poketo!
• Stop by the Campanile Social Hour this week.
• Remember: The Art of Cooking is still happening, guys.
• Like Mah Jong? Play it at the Skirball!
• HELP ZACKARY DRUCKER!!
• Find pianos all over the city!
• The Ben & Jerry’s truck IS STILL IN LOS ANGELES!!!!