Three things proliferate this weekend: design, art openings and closings, and music–a typical Los Angeles weekend. Hear more about it in THE RECAP!
Friday, June 22
• Scott Benzel’s Made In L.A. performance is tonight!
• The 26th season of Downtown’s free concert series, Grand Performances, starts today!
• Dance along to Dirty Dancing tonight!
• The Hollywood Bowl is open!
• Literary rock band The Rock Bottom Remainders are performing at the El Rey.
• Hair band art at La Luz de Jesus!
• Dwell On Design: all weekend!
Saturday, June 23
• Susan Fenniger book signing at The Grove!
• Free Delta Rae KCRW concert in Pasadena!
• Your girl Rhonda playing with horses again.
• Carter And Citizen’s current show closes!
• If you have the time and money and RSVP’d, you can make bronze art!
• Quit Mumbling and ATX are bringing Michael Davis to an intimate venue.
• Lawrence Weiner at Regen Projects closes!
• Rebel closes!
• ANN 330′s Roy G Biv closes as well.
• …as does Aaron Young at The Company.
• But, Super Tetricide opens!
• Write Girl has a day event for a good cause.
• Dwell On Design: still going on!
Sunday, June 24
• Am Appy’s Flea Market ends.
• Buy a piece of Angelyne!
• The LA Film Fest closes today!
• Catch new performing and performance artists in action at REDCAT.
• Say bye to Glen Campbell at the Hollywood bowl!
• Dwell On Design!
• Levitated Mass opens!!!
Coming Up This Week
• Starting Monday, Au Revoir Foie Gras at Chaya!
• Monday, the Pendersleigh & Sons Cartography show opens.
• Tuesday, Mike Eagle’s new LP comes out.
• Tuesday, get a nice dinner at Napa Valley Grille.
• Thursday, Billy’s Fish Fry is back!
• Thursday, LACE opens Group Dynamics And Improper Light.
• Thursday, the Hammer Bash and music will be happening tonight!
• Thursday, Town And Country have a concert tonight.
• Thursday, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine’s A Missionary Position is back!
• Thursday through Saturday, the 11th Annual Dance Media Film Festival starts!
• Thursday, LAND’s Moveable Feasts is tonight.
Selected Ongoing Items
• Lily Simonson’s CB1 show is open!
• Fig & Olive have a new Happy Hour!
• Los Angeles Design Festival is still going on.
• The Ford is looking for partners.
• Help Sarah Dougherty out!
• Vintage Enoteca has a new brunch–check it out this weekend!
• Short Order has new “combos.”
• Have a foodie friend? Go to Chopped!
• Lazy Ox has a new happy hour!
• Made In L.A., people.
• Alika Cooper at TENOVERSIX is still going on!
• Eat this!
• Buy/gift this!
• Watch this!
• Read this!