We thought this weekend was going to be packed but it isn’t. Sike! Sorry, guys. In any event, some things are going on but this is the perfect weekend for you to catch up on shows and happenings you’ve been missing. Find out about them in THE RECAP!
Friday, July 6
• French Film Fridays in July start tonight at LACMA!
• Outdoor Oscar screening!
• Some tiki art happening at La Luz.
• Ry Rocklen book signing at Skylight!
• …and, the book signing for Fallen Superheroes at Secret Headquarters!
• Celebrate National Fried Chicken Day with these recipes!
Saturday, July 7
• Big!World!Fun! is going on today. Fun for the family!
• Hester Street Fair returns…this time at night!
• Another Outdoor Oscar film is screening.
• Alika Cooper at TENOVERSIX closes today. A great little show you should see!
• REDCAT’s new gallery show opens today.
• Night Gallery’s latest show opens tonight as well.
• Learn some tie-dying at Ooga Booga, y’all.
Sunday, July 8
• …doesn’t really look like anything is happening?
Coming Up This Week
• July 9, Aphrodite And The Gods of Love at The Getty Villa closes.
• July 10, Hi Ho Silver Oh are playing a show at The Echo.
• July 10, Los Angeles Walks is having a meeting.
• July 12, Outfest starts!
Selected Ongoing Items
• 31 Days of Riesling is still going on!
• Nudie Jeans are having a sale.
• Lily Simonson is blogging from the ocean.
• KCRW has tons of Summer concerts you should check out. They’re free!
• Sotto has a new happy hour.
• Super Tetricide is still open.
• WAYNE WHITE NEEDS OUR HELP!!
• Vote on the Made In L.A. top five!
• Starnet Works at Heath is nice.
• The Mr. And Ms. Muscle Beach competition was crazy.
• Visit the new Poketo store!
• Ford Theatres are still looking for partners!
• Watch this!
• Wear these!
• Read this!