What a week! It was hot! It was dramatic! It was busy! It was fun! Now, time for the weekend and for some fun and relaxing. What should you do? We’re not sure. However, we suggest you go to the beach and do some of the following things in this week’s RECAP. CHECK IT!!
Friday, August 10
• The Getty is open until 9PM!
• There’s a show at cool music venu Art House Live.
• Architectones is open–and they’re having a panel discussion tonight!
• Your girl Rhonda is partying. We’ll be hanging with her.
• Young Frankenstein at Oscar Outdoors!
• Hester Street Fair preview now through August 12 at Space15twenty!
Saturday, August 11
• MOCA is having a conceptual art music event. It’s free and from 1PM to 7PM! How wonderful!
• Back To The Future at Oscar Outdoors!
• Got to CAFAM and make art!
• Chinatown Summer Nights!
• A conversation with art duo Layer at PMCA.
• 25¢ movies!
• Primeval opens at Carmichael.
• Bitchcraft Trading Post is going on! Say hello to Michael and Pearl for us!!
• Brandy Miline opens at Corey Helford!
• Miss Van’s Wild At Heart opens at Corpo. It’s sponsored by Citizens of Humanity and you can get free t-shirts!
• The Johnny Cupcakes X Junk Food truck will be in town today…
Sunday, August 12
• …that truck is still in town–last day!
• Tea Dance Taste Test trunk show at Otherwild! We’ll be there. Will you?
• LOTS OF PORK AT CECCONI’S!!
• Last day to vote for Made In L.A.!!!
• Food and Wine festival!
• Nzuji de Magalhaes is having a performance at Hammer.
• Andrew Bird and Sharon Van Etten will be at the Greek!
• See Otis graphic design MFA work!
Coming Up This Week
• Tuesday, YA001 is out!
• Tuesday, Marilyn Monroe movie screening at the Egyptian!
• Wednesday, Xander Smith show.
• Thursday, Simone Forti performance.
• Thursday, Amadou & Mariam in Santa Monica!
Selected Ongoing Items
• FYI: the Zeno documentary was successfully funded! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
• G O T O T H E B E A C H .
• Go to MOCA and see The Painting Factory!
• Remember: enter your suggestion for Kent Twitchell’s new mural!
• Again: Architectones is open–and great! Go see it!
• Visit Iota for some good coffee and crazy environment.
• Pick up some Futura Hennessy.
• Get the Poketo look!
• Remember, Vegans: buy this book.
• This is a great way to help LA and get Heath!
• Remember: The Metro is running late over weekends!!
• Watch this!
• Go here!
• Read this! (And, disagree or agree if you want. If you agree in the slightest, support MOCA!)