As a means by which to chronicle what is going on in the American cultural zeitgeist and how we cater to that, The Hollywood And Highland Character Count is an infrequently occurring sociological examination. Every few Fridays, we’ll share who the performers are that are clogging the Hollywood and Highland sidewalks and see how they change and shift in relationship to what is happening in the entertainment world. We’ll make predictions, keep count of who stays and goes, and log just what is happening at the best microcosm of what is on the world’s mind: Hollywood and Highland.
The Character Count
• Darth Vader
• A red Angry Bird
• The Joker (Heath Ledger version)
• Sexy Snow White
• Optimus Prime
• Ghostface from Scream
• John Stewart (Green Lantern)
• Captain America
• Sexy Cop
• Sexy Cop
• R2D2 (toy)
• Darth Vader
• Pirate Woman
• Two Mickey Mouses
• Two Black Spidermans and Four Regular Spidermans
• Jonny Depps: Willy Wonka, (ghetto) Mad Hatter, and two Jack Sparrows
• TWO BUMBLEBEES!!!
• Marilyn Monroe–and Marilyn Monroe Wax
• Optimus Prime and Halo were buds.
• A lot of the Spidermans hung out together.
• Sexy Cop and Sexy Cat were a tag team.
• Captain America and Wonder Woman were friends.
• I maybe noticed two or three CD guys. One I only noticed because he practically had a mental breakdown when I ignored him. They need to get back in the game!
• Characters At Madame Tussaud: Shrek, Lucy, and Marilyn Monroe….again!!
• There was a big group of dancers.
• …and there was also a group of Galaxy Player people dancing out a stylized soccer game.
• Still no Iris people!
• There was a pop/lock statue dancer as well as a normal “Give Me Money And I Move” statue man.
• Spidermans had a monopoly on today. They were EVERYWHERE.
• This was a first: there were TWO Bumblebees. One was the normal guy and the other had a metallic suit. It was crazy.
• Apparently there was a fight with one of the Bumblebees and Superman? Superman must have been at fault because there were TWO Bumblebees. There didn’t seem to be any fallout from the fight, though.
• …however, there was a news crew speaking with Captain America and Wonder Woman. Maybe the event relates to that?
• There was also some not-English speaking news crew by the Metro station.
• Where was Katy Perry Catwoman today?!
• BREAKING: one of the snake guys returned and he was super popular and I was very, very scared of him!!! For the person that commented a month or two ago, the photo above is proof that these frightening people exist. (Also please note the girls face to the left of him. Clearly, she sides with us.)
• Both the Goofy and the Mad Hatter were so low rent.
• I noticed that Willy Wonka always stands at the façade of the candy store. Today it clicked WHY he does that.
• Those Galaxy Player dancers were sweating their balls off and no one cared. People were more interested in the regular street dancers!
• The new tour guide thing-to-carry are fake flowers. Saw three of them today!
• Best All Around: Bumblebees. Both have the best costumes!
• Needs The Most Help: Mad Hatter. His make-up was so jank!
• Saddest: That CD guy. It gets better!
• Nice Try: Galaxy Player
• Welcome Back/YUCK: SNAKES.
Surprised We Did Not See…
• KATY PERRY CATWOMAN. So sad.
• Avengers! Don’t think there were any today…
• More Batmans? What about Bane? Did anyone care about The Dark Knight?
Character Predictions And Questions For Upcoming Weeks