Saturday and Sunday is FYF, the long awaited Los Angeles music festival. It’s quite an event and, because it is a lot to navigate, we want to help you locals figure out what to do, where to go, and all those other things locals need to know. To show some pride and what not, take a peek at which LA comedians, musicians, and vendors will be present at the festival and check out a few FYF tips. It’s going to be fun!
The comedy stage is the tented Broadway Stage. There will be two sets each day–1:15PM and 3:35PM Saturday and 12:45PM and 2:45PM Sunday–and you should swing by and give these talented people some love as we’re sure many of you will forget that comedy is going on.
Los Angeles Comedians
Garfunkel & Oates
There are a lot of great acts coming to LA for FYF. But what about the locals? There are a ton! And they are equally as fantastic. Take a peek at them below and, yes, we did blanket these to Southern California because we wanted to. Deal with it. Note: If there is an asterisk (*) next to a name, that means they’ll be having a record signing at the Origami pop-up.
Los Angeles Bands
• Liars (based here and NYC)
• Father John Misty*
• White Fence (based here and San Francisco)
• Nick Waterhouse (based in “Southern California”)
• Joyce Manor (from Torrance)
• Papa (from Encino)
• The Lovely Bad Things
• Hot Snakes (from San Diego, so, sure, Southern California)
• Soft Pack (from San Diego, so, sure, Southern California)
• White Arrows
• Red Kross*
• Nite Jewel
How To See All The LA Bands
• 12:30PM – White Arrows at Main Stage
• 1:15PM – Fidlar at Spring Stage
• 1:30PM – Soft Pack at Main Stage
• 3:10PM – Red Kross at Spring Stage
• 5:15PM – Nite Jewel at Broadway Stage
• 6:55PM – Warpaint at Main Stage
• 7PM – Hot Snakes at Hill Stage
• 11PM – Dam-Funk at Broadway Stage
• 1PM – Allah Las at Main Stage
• 12:45PM – The Lovely Bad Things at Spring Stage
• 1:40PM – Papa at Spring Stage
• 1:45PM – White Fence at Hill Stage
• 2PM – Nick Waterhouse at Main Stage
• 2:35PM – Joyce Manor at Spring Stage
• 3:50PM – Father John Misty at Hill Stage
• 7:20PM – Liars at Hill Stage
• 8:20PM – HEALTH at Spring Stage
Local Vendors To Hit
• Backside Echo Park
• Blood Is The New Black
• Butter Vinyl
• World Dodgeball Society
• Echo Park Film Center
• Equality California
• LA Cancer Challenge
• Eclectic Artistic Showcase
• L’art Pour L’art
• LA Record
• LA Weekly
• the classroom LA
• La Bomba Vintage
• LA Derby Dolls
• Warehouse LA
• Touch Vinyl
• Yellow 108
• Love Nail Tree
Read more about them here.
• By Metro: Take the Gold Line to the Chinatown Station. The Red Line hits the Gold Line at Union Station, too. The stop is right across from where FYF will be.
• By Car: Shit, don’t drive people. For those who have to, take the 101 and get off at Broadway. From heading South on the 101, go left on Broadway, right on College, first left on Spring and you’re there. If from East on the 110, get off on exit 25. Take Solano, left on Broadway, and right on Spring. Park in the neighborhood as there is no parking for the festival.
• By Bike: Take Spring Street. There will be parking for you!
• Stay hydrated! They say to bring “empty water bottles” but just bring one, drink it, whatever. There will also be water for sale for $2 each.
• There are no ins and out. Know this in case you have to leave, people.
• If you need to store stuff, get a locker!
• Don’t be stupid if you are going to do things like drink and do drugs. It needn’t be said but we are saying it.
• No: outside food or drink, animals, skateboards, drugs, coolers, professional cameras, sharpies, large bookbags.
• Yes: empty water bottles, lighters, sunblock, *empty* Camelbacks, film and digital cameras that are non-professional, strollers, anyone of any age.
• Bring money!!! Specifically cash. You’re going to want everything to be as easy as possible.
Have fun, everyone! We’ll see you guys there, too. Say hello if you see us!!
Top photo courtesy of Travis Millard’s Twitter.