It’s here: Labor Day weekend! It’s the official (“official”) end of Summer and there is a lot to do. You can party, you can see art, you can drink, you can eat, you can listen to music: literally all of that is happening this weekend. You need to do a lot and rest and have fun. Here are some suggestions we found for you, neatly arranged in THE RECAP!!
Friday, August 31
• Sundance Cinema opens today!
• OMG SHARON NEEDLES IS AT THE ECHOPLEX!!!!
• Two Decades of the Unity Sound is tonight!
• Art & Council opens tonight.
• The Getty is still open late for Summer!
• Vintage Enoteca is serving hot dogs all weekend.
• LA County Fair kicks off today!
• LAST DAY FOR DISCOUNTED HEATH!!!!
Saturday, September 1
• Primeval is closing today.
• Vive Brasil! this morning as a part of the family friendly Big!World!Fun!
• Arctic Summer at Margo Leavin closes today.
• Abbot Kinney’s Altered Spaces is starting their Brand Spanking New series today.
• The rad sounding Druid Underground Film Festival is today.
• Take a trip to Costa Mesa for the Wood Racquet Classic!
• Is there something we’re missing? Oh, that’s right: FYF!
• Fiesta Hermosa starts today.
• Hungry? Head to CRAFTED for a BBQ!
Sunday, September 2
• Costa Mesa’s Wood Racquet Classic is still happening!
• FYF IS STILL GOING!!
• Not at FYF? Go to the Pacific Festival! Lots of great acts.
• Made In L.A. closes today!!
• Herb Ritts: L.A. Style closes today, too :(
• As does Project Mah Jong. Everything is closing!
• Fiesta Hermosa is still happening.
• La Vida Music Festival is happening today.
• Marilyn Monroe: The Exhibit closes today.
• Get some Vintage Enoteca hot dogs.
• BBQ at CRAFTED!
• BASK IN DJ KOZE.
Monday, September 3
• Still hot dog time at Vintage Enoteca!
• Fiesta Hermosa, y’all.
• Free Target day at LACMA.
• Ends Of The Earth ends its run today!
• Your gurl Rhonda is having a Labor Day party.
Coming Up This Week
• Tuesday, Divine Fits at The Echo.
• Tuesday, Figure Drawing at Avenue 50.
• Tuesday, the new Keenhouse album is out.
• Wednesday, Book Of Mormon opens!!!!
• Wednesday, Jamie Sholnick’s CB1 show opens today.
• Wednesday, Donald Jackson talks about his illustrated bible at The Getty.
• Thursday, Helen at The Getty Villa opens.
• Thursday, the final Twilight Concert Series is tonight :(
• Thursday, Fashion’s Night Out at Santa Monica Place.
• Thursday, Fashion’s Night Out with Orley! We’ll be there.
• Thursday, new New School of Cooking classes start!
• Thursday, FYA’s The Planter Show opens.
• Thursday, Your Mouth, Undone closes today.
• Thursday, Murder Abbey is happening today.
Selected Ongoing Items
• Check out Plastic Currents in Studio City.
• Check out the new Dam-Funk, yo.
• Go see The Panza Collection!
• Wear It Out, a good and well designed cause from locals!
• Get ready for ARTMAGEDDON.
• This is an excellent read by a local author.
• Stay macrobiotic, people.
• Do a blog workshop with Bobby Solomon!
• Vote on your favorite LA Weekly web people!
• Eva wants you off your phone.
• Check out these Short Cake sweets.
• Architectones is open. Have you seen it?
• Drink these!
• Wear these!
• Read/look at this!
Also, we’re off Monday: see you Tuesday!!