Food plays! Grooming product parties! Storytelling events! Mohawk sales! Stan Lee! Chefs from Baja! What do these all have in common? They’re all things happening this weekend! Find out how you can attend these things by CHECKING THE RECAP!!
Friday, September 14
• Like food, sex, and theatre? Catch Fishing!
• Watch some new queer Latino cinema tonight with vicious (in) existence.
• Malin + Goetz is having an event tonight at their Larchmont store.
Saturday, September 15
• COMIKAZE!!!! We’ll be there…will you?
• Texan Equities Downtown has a little group show featuring Sean Higgins, Maya Lujan, and Victor Liu.
• Pasadena Museum of California Art turns ten! They’re having a benefit and you should come, if you can. We’ll be there!
• ShoeboxLA is having Cut Both Ways today.
• Silver Lake Chorus is performing at The Satellite!
• You could win drinks for your “pack” from Lola’s.
• Fifth Floor’s new show Inside Out opens today.
• Not far from Fifth Floor is the new show from The Company, Last Laugh.
• KCRW is having a storytelling event!
• There are three–yes, three–shows opening at SMMOA today.
• Mohawk General is having a sale!!!!!!! It’s for today only, though. (PS. If anyone goes and sees a pair of those Monitaly patterned shorts in a 28 waist, EMAIL ME!!!)
• Connected Fashion Festival is happening Downtown.
• This should be fun: Fix It Up Too at Blum + Poe.
• The VHS Mummy is having a show at The Improv, presented by our friends at The Devastator.
• You can also catch some Comedy By The Pool today, too.
• More Fishing!
Sunday, September 16
• STILL COMIKAZE!!!!!
• LACE’s current show closes up today.
• Architectones closes today!! If you haven’t seen it, GO SEE IT.
• Playa is starting its Baja Chef Series today!
• It’s California Wine Month! Napa Valley Grille is celebrating…
• Libros Schmibros are at the Hammer.
• A Fishing matinee!
• This is funny: Sunday is Heck No Fest. Cotillion will be playing!
Coming Up This Week
• Monday, the Efeet bowls will be delivered today!
• Tuesday, Napa Valley Grille has a special dinner!
• Tuesday, Silver Lake Chorus’ EP comes out today.
• Tuesday, starting today, you can get tickets to see David Sedaris.
• Wednesday, Foxygen are in town.
• Wednesday, a show at PDC opens!
• Wednesday, also at PDC: Eli Langer at Wharton & Espinosa opens.
• Wednesday, also also at the PDC, design legend Paula Scher will have a talk.
• Wednesday, LAST ONE: another PDC show.
• Wednesday, LAMVF has a director showcase!
• Thursday, Westside Laugh Party at the Westside Comedy Theatre.
• Thursday, you can go Fishing.
• Friday, PARK(ing) Day LA!
Selected Ongoing Items
• Only a few more hours for your chance to get a blog class with Bobby Solomon!
• J.Crew is getting a mens store at The Grove!
• Heather Taylor gives advice on submitting your art.
• You should read Cop Dad. We loved it.
• If you or a friend are in SF, Ooga Booga is up there, too.
• Visit Alma–they’re now open!
• The Panza Collection is up!
• Look at this!
• Try this!
• Laugh at this!