As a means by which to chronicle what is going on in the American cultural zeitgeist and how we cater to that, The Hollywood And Highland Character Count is an infrequently occurring sociological examination. Every few Fridays, we’ll share who the performers are that are clogging the Hollywood and Highland sidewalks and see how they change and shift in relationship to what is happening in the entertainment world. We’ll make predictions, keep count of who stays and goes, and log just what is happening at the best microcosm of what is on the world’s mind: Hollywood and Highland.
The Character Count
• Jack Sparrow
• Optimus Prime
• Minnie Mouse
• Captain America (NOTE: In my notes, I wrote “Captain Anorexia.” Thank you, Autocorrect!)
• Lady Deadppol (!!!)
• Two Darth Vaders
• Two Regular Spidermans
• TWO BUMBLEBEES!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!
• Two Mickey Mouses
• Marilyn Monroe was there with a way too bright pink dress. Yes, I know I am splitting hairs.
• Halo and Optimus Prime have been buds for weeks. WEEKS!
• Marilyn and Catwoman were buddies.
• One of the Mickeys was with Minnie and neither of them could keep their heads on.
• A Spiderman and Darth Vader were friends.
• The Deadpools!
• There was literally a CD guy conference of six of them all exchanging CDs. It was a sight! There was one who was removed from them all who did have a girl in headphones. Guess he didn’t get the invite?
• Characters At Madame Tussaud: Shrek and Marilyn Monroe. They are so stale.
• There were so little solicitors today. No Iris, no stores, no shows–not that much.
• Very little tourists, too.
• Bucket Drummer was there but not playing. He looked sad.
• There were some weirdo spray paint girls.
• It was so sad today. There was no one out. No one was having fun (except CD party). Nothing was interesting. Everyone was blah. What’s going on? I know it isn’t tourist time but at least put some pep in steps. SHEESH.
• I realized that the Super Sad Spiderwoman from a few weeks back is *actually* Lady Deadpool. I realized that because she was with a Deadpool! Their costumes are a little sad but they have a lot of heart. They’re better together!
• The other Bumblebee who is new’s costume isn’t as good. There. I said it.
• This area is on my walk to work every day and I’ve seen a few good people recently. Most notably? A Na’vi woman and Jesus. I wish I saw them today!
• Also Rum Diary Johnny Depp was out earlier this week.
• All the businesses seem to be doing pretty poorly recently because they all have more signs out front. Maybe just sales?
• There was a guy with crazy Romney/Obama signs. I took a photo of them.
• The construction on the Northwest corner of Hollywood/Highland is such a mess. When will construction be over?!
• You Need Better Costumes: Deadpools!
• Best Couple: Deadpools!
• Most Pep: Deadpools!
• ~*~pArTiEsT~*~: CD people!
• Unhappiest: The entire area.
• Best All Around: Deadpools!!!!
Surprised We Did Not See…
• Um, everyone.
• No Avengers!
• Samuel L. Jackson
• Twilight people.
• Hotel Transylvania?
Character Predictions And Questions For Upcoming Weeks
• Wreck-It Ralph?