Sheesh: it’s been such crisp weather this week, no? It’s really been quite Autumnal! While man of us are grabbing coats and bundling up while we can, we’re in a weird mix of Summer hangover activities and Autumnal greeting celebrations. Like what? Well, like tons of stuff you’ll find in THE RECAP!!
Friday, October 12
• Exit Through The Gift Shop is at Front Porch Cinema. Bring a blanket!
• Last day to vote on a Made In LA logo!
• The Comune guys are going camping–keep up with what they are up to!
• You can catch a Pompeii film at Getty Villa.
• Check out X-Tra’s 15 Days!
Saturday, October 13
• Get your juniper on at Mohawk!
• There’s a bronze workshop today–hope you signed up!
• The Outfest Legacy Awards are tonight!
• The Lavernne Chef Series starts today with John Sedlar.
• Groundislava is down in San Diego if you want to see him.
• Even Gravity Has Its Ups And Downs is up at Santa Monica’s Arena 1.
• Lost Moon Radio will be at the Crawford Family Forum today.
• Mel Kadel’s Merry Karnowsky show opens tonight!
• Your girl Rhonda gunna be flexing her Bicep, ladies.
• CB1 is welcoming Edith Beaucage’s Bidibidiba…
• …CB1 will also be welcoming Whitney Stolich, too.
• Catch another Pompeii film at Getty Villa.
• X-Tra is still celebrating 15 Years!
Sunday, October 14
• PMCA says goodbye to LAYER’s A Loose Horizon…
• …PMCA is also saying goodbye to Edgar Payne!
• Create and Cultivate today and tomorrow with (No Subject) at the Ace!
• Eurydice closes today. It’s OK.
• Threshold closes today.
• Catch some Hello Kitty art at Known Gallery!
• Jimmy and Otherwild are partying Sunday if you want to hang out. We should be there!
• X-Tra’s 15 Days!
Coming Up This Week
• Monday, the Made In LA logo winner is announced–and there’s a celebration, too.
• Monday, bidding for the LA Family School Benefit starts today.
• Monday, the last day of X-Tra’s 15 Days.
• Tuesday, an LACAC grant workshop!
• Tuesday, Test Kitchen!
• Wednesday, Taryn Simon is speaking at The Getty.
• Wednesday, Legitimate Rape closes!
• Wednesday, The Art Of The Crossfade at SFMOMA.
• Thursday, Neil Hamburger at The Satellite.
• Thursday, the start of UCLA’s graduate design and media arts work show.
• Thursday, if you are in New York catch Jill Greenberg!
Selected Ongoing Items
• WE HAVE AN EVENT NEXT WEEK!!!
• The Parish has a new breakfast and happy hour.
• Catch The 2000 Sculpture at LACMA.
• See how Geronimo Balloon Troopers work.
• There’s a costume design show at FIDM.
• The new Michael Kors is open.
• I Am Divine still needs your help!
• Catch Mary Weatherford’s phenomenal paintings at LAXART.
• What is LA’s most dangerous intersection?
• Graphic Design at the Hammer!
• Know any local inventive cooks? Have them do this.
• LA Skin & Ink is still up at CAFAM.
• Watch this!
• Visit these!
• Read this!