As a means by which to chronicle what is going on in the American cultural zeitgeist and how we cater to that, The Hollywood And Highland Character Count is an infrequently occurring sociological examination. Every few Fridays, we’ll share who the performers are that are clogging the Hollywood and Highland sidewalks and see how they change and shift in relationship to what is happening in the entertainment world. We’ll make predictions, keep count of who stays and goes, and log just what is happening at the best microcosm of what is on the world’s mind: Hollywood and Highland.
The Character Count
• Kung Fu Panda
• A Na’vi
• Iron Man
• Jack Sparrow
• Lady Pirate
• Kick Ass
• Mr. Incredible
• Ghostface Killah (of Scream)
• Lazy Lady Pirate
• Storm Trooper
• Donald Duck
• Mickey Mouse
• Six Spidermans!! One was had a Santa hat on and one was black Spiderman
• Two sexy cops (they had different have on the same costume, though)
• Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck were super friends.
• The Black Spidermand and another Spiderman were BFFs.
• A Spiderman and Wolverine were best friends.
• The Na’vi lady, a Spiderman, and the Iron Man were good friends.
• It has been a while since we’ve done this and the CD guys since then have been fairly mum but today–TODAY–there were fourteen–FOURTEEN–CD guys. It was fucking shocking.
• Characters At Madame Tussaud: Shrek, Marilyn Monroe, and Danny Zucko.
• There were lots of people trying to get you to go on bus tours.
• There were a fair amount of people out today. That’s good?
• …that said, there were no big wows today aside from a massive drove of Jesus people.
• There was a man with two signs of his conspiracy theories about the election, which he claimed was “fixed like a professional wrestling match.”
• The construction on the East end of the block there is annoying to walk through to reach the train but, UGH, so bad. It is overwhelming, as if there is a movie opening every day. It kills me.
• That Kung Fu Panda was phenomenal. He was so tall and absolutely larger than life. I could have followed him around all day.
• The Jesus drove was incredibly overwhelming. They also broke off into small groups so that they could divide and conquer. They would even walk up to people and try to corner them about Jesus.
• The fact that the Danny Zucko wax character was out is quite serendipitous give that awful music video he released a few days ago.
• That Lunchable thing is still there. Can it leave now?
• A giant Kraft Macaroni and Cheese noodle is outside of the Dolby Theatre.
• The amount of Spidermans on set was overwhelming. It was almost absurd!
• Hey, New Guy: Wolverine
• Best Couple: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
• Most Overdone: The Jesus people and the CD people.
• Not That Overdone But Why So many??: Spidermans
• Most Spirit: Santa Spiderman
• Best All Around: Kung Fu Panda!! He was so awesome!!
Surprised We Did Not See…
• More Iron Mans
• A Batman!
• Darth Vader
• More Johnny Depp characters. What is going on?!
• Twilight persons.
• Wreck It Ralph?
• A hobbit
• Abraham Lincoln
• James Bond
Character Predictions And Questions For Upcoming Weeks
• A hobbit!
• Santa Clause!
• Monsters, Inc. (3D!)